Based: Elgin, Moray
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Has reporting: none
Salary: £10.90-£12.50 per hour (DOE)
Hours: 35 hours per week
(flexible hours available)
About Us: Gairland is a property development and management company with a diverse portfolio spanning commercial and residential holdings. We specialise in bringing old and interesting buildings back to life, with a strong focus on delivering excellent service to our tenants. Our commercial portfolio is concentrated in Moray (specialising in serviced offices, with further retail, hospitality and mixed-use units), with additional substantial residential holdings in the Northern Highlands.
We are proud to be a living wage employer.
The post holder will be based in Elgin, Moray.
About You: Gairland is seeking a friendly and professional caretaker to help maintain our property portfolio across Moray. The successful applicant will have a wide range of hands-on skills and good communication.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• General upkeep and cleaning of our buildings
• Gardening and performing landscape duties
• Inspecting the buildings, including heating, lighting and alarm systems to make sure they are in good working order
• Performing basic repairs and maintenance tasks as required
• Monitoring cleaning materials and tools, reordering as required
• Thorough cleaning capabilities and attention to detail
• Adhering to the company’s safety policies to create a safe working environment for everyone
Skills and qualifications required:
• Basic DIY skills and in-depth understanding of maintenance procedures
• Problem-solving skills for addressing safety and maintenance concerns
• Understanding of the safe use of basic gardening machinery such as lawnmowers, hedge trimmers and strimmers
• Organisation, multi-tasking and scheduling skills
• People skills for positive dealings with our tenants
• Full UK driving license is essential for this role
Gairland is an accredited living wage employer.
To apply, please submit your CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Property Caretaker’ and your name in the subject.